Saturday 10 October 2009

Concentrating on Poker


Well I have probably spent the best part of last month trying to figure out how to make Betfair a winning proposition - and I can't.

Horses, dogs, football, motor sports ...

I have had successes and losses but in the end the margins of winning and losing is so small that unless I am wagering large stakes i cannot see a future in it.

I certainly make more profit playing poker.

In fact this little detour has helped me to decide whether poker is a game of skill or not.

In my mind:

Sports betting = no control over the outcome in any situation = gambling.

Poker = personal decisions influencing the outcome of a given situation = game of skill ...

END OF !!

So from now on I will be concentrating solely on playing poker.

This doesn't mean I won't be having the odd day at the races or the odd punt on England in the world cup ... but gambling will be purely reserved for pleasure ... nothing else.

Until Next Time

Keep it Tight!

No comments: