Saturday 10 April 2010

Grand National Day

-

Yes today is one of the racing highlights, if not the racing highlight of the year. It is also one of the days where I have a pure gamble (no betting in running today ... so expect a loss). I will be doing it old style, off to the bookies and then watch the race in the pub!
-
I thought this time I would put my picks down before the race, then when I win my millions you won't all think I've been making it up.
-
Nothing new strategy wise this year, I have still used my usual philosophy:
-
If the horse hasn't run 30 furlongs or more ... scrap it.
If the horse has been pulled up in its last 5 outings ... scrap it.
-
This has left me the following 9 runners:
-
1. Tricky Trickster
2. Big Fella Thanks
3. Niche Market
4. Irish Raptor
5. Arbour Supreme
6. Hello Bud
7. Joe Lively
8. Comply or Die
9. King Johns Castle
-
So I have chosen what I think is the best of the above an have decided to dutch the following each way to the following amounts:
-
1. Tricky Trickster £3 ew
2. Big Fella Thanks £4.50 ew
3. Niche Market £3 ew
4. Irish Raptor £1.50 ew
-
So any placed horse will show a small profit.
Any two placed horses or more and it will be my round next!
-
I also have a real gut feeling about Joe Lively - which is likely to go off at around 66-1. So not ignoring this feeling I will be wagering £5 win and £2.5 ew.
-
Good Luck All
-
Until Next Time
-
Keep it Tight!

No comments: