Thursday 25 March 2010

I don't like rebuys ... "tell me why?"


I really do not like re buy tournaments, in fact I go out of the way to avoid them.

So imagine my dissatisfaction at winning a ticket to the Pacific $12,500 guaranteed tournament only to find that it is a re buy.

I just can't get my head around the fact that players play with abandon in the hope that they might double up and then just buy in again when they are unsuccessful.

Using that philosophy even Leicester City could win in the premiership if they could replay all their matches and keep only the best results (well perhaps not ... but you know what I mean!).

I just can't play in that manner ... and I guess to beat them you have to join them!

So the fact that the majority of the "guaranteed big prize tournaments" on the net are now re buys to get the prize fund near to the guarantee leaves me frustrated for value in qualifying for MTT's. Either that or they finish at 5am on a Monday morning!

I will have to read the small print a bit better before I enter any future satellites.

On another note though ... bonus whoring pays off again.

A while ago I joined paddy power but never really played there and my account has been empty ... until recently. I got an email saying that there was a free amount waiting for me in Bingo. BINGO?!!

Well I logged on and found a free £1. So I bought 6 free 10p tickets and won a great £50. Still leaving me a free 40p for a bag of chips and a bus ride home!

You see, being tight sometimes can pay!

So until next time

Keep it Tight!

No comments: