Sunday 15 February 2009

Stu Ungar - The man behind the shades


Not long finished reading this book and what a great read.
-
It is impossible for me to even contemplate how good Stu Ungar was, even more impossible to imagine the amount of money that passed through his hands. Do the true greats of the gambling world have to have this nonchalance to monetary value, to treat money as if it is merely a tool to make more. If so then I can say I will never achieve more than a few grand a year profit.
-
So definitely go out and buy this book you will not be disappointed.
-
If you like the feeling of not being disappointed then definitely steer clear of the film "High Roller: The Stu Ungar Story" ... I watched it last night and that is an hour and a three quarters of my life I will never get back. If you want a good gambling movie to watch look up "21", this I really enjoyed.
-
So what have I been up to for most of February on the Poker front.
-
Well I have been taking some time to reflect on why I am making alot of inconsistent results. Still playing on the double ups I have been trying a number of different sites to try and get into my comfort zone again. I am happy to report that I have identified a change in my game; something that I was doing to great effect on the Ladbrokes site but had somehow forgotten along the way when I was suffering a bad run of results.
-
This has been a somewhat similar process as it was when I used to play golf. When hitting the ball poorly I would spend hours breaking down my swing ... starting with the grip, stance, swing plane etc and trying to identify what it was that had changed.
-
So now my results are showing some improvement:
-
Played 79
Cashed 46
Win Percentage 58%
-
Still not up to the 64% I was hitting prior to Christmas but an improvement on the 54% I hit in January.
-
I haven't been playing many multi tourneys. Had a little $6 with 130 players last night, and only realised once I got my first playable hand that it was a limit tournament. Anyway I came 29th for no cash, but it was a change from the double up grind.
-
I have played about 6 sessions of cash for just over break even, again just to vary my game from the double ups.
-
So thats about it for now ...
-
Until next post
-
Keep it Tight


No comments: