Friday 29 May 2009

Healthy Living!!


They say a healthy body leads to a healthy mind ...

Thats why I've decided to join a gym for my time in London to see if it improves my mental game. That, and the fact that I am getting some middle aged spread. Last thing I would want is to win a prestigious tournament and have my lard ass spread all over the covers of magazines ... LOL.

I am trying to make it 3 times a week and am beginning to realise why I have been putting on weight ...

Last night I ate a small Tesco's prawn salad, packet of crisps and glass of orange juice (500 calories).

This took 1hr 40mins of walking and cycling to burn off ... and to think I would normally eat this lateish at night with no exercise.

So what are my targets.

To get from 12 1/2st to 11 1/2st, and to reduce my resting heart rate. I think all the poker over the years has added to my increased heart rate, which can't be good.

Unfortunately this is going to reduce not only my weight but also my playing time, so emphasis is going to be on quality not quantity ... more emphasis on cash play perhaps.

So from a fitness evangelist.

Until next time.

Keep it tight.

No comments: