Friday 23 November 2007

November 22nd 2007

Today was shopping day!!

If you ever get out to vegas you have to go to the retail shopping mall just on the outskirts of the city. Here you can buy clothes, shoes, watches, cameras etc all at great knock down prices.

The added bonus this trip was that there is an extra sale on due to Thanks Giving. Just to give an example on prices.

Levi Jeans - £10 - £15
Calvin Klein Shirts - £5 - £15
Hugo Boss Suit - £150 or buy 2 and get one free

On the poker front we didn't get to play until about 7pm. Len & Dave wanted a poker tournament so we went back to Binions where I set up in a new table for a cash game. The play was pretty unremarkable and started only 6 handed. Then the table filled up and I was able to play for about 1/2 hour before I was moved to the top table.

Now this is where you have to be careful if you play at Binions because last time I was here I didn't see this going on. Basically there were 4-5 of the players on the top table that were entrenched in their position, all sitting on stacks of between $500 and $1000 (from an initial max buy in of $200). These all chatted with each other freely and obviously played together on a regular basis, the local pro's.

I sat for about 1/2 an hour and realised that if it was raised into an un open pot then unless the opposition had very good cards they would fold. If there were already limpers in the pot and it was raised then there would be 3 - 5 players in the pot with you ready to snap off any continuation bet. In my opinion the only way any chips were likely to be won by myself would be if I had great starting hands that held up or to play value hands and hope to hit a better monster hand than someone else. These are the sorts of tables I will get up from on line to find better pickings and this is what I did as I felt there was no value continuing here. If I were a rich visitor who doesn't play much poker I would probably lose a stack of money her, lambs to the slaughter.

If anyone has an idea on how to play these types of tables give me a clue, but I was happy with my decision to leave.

I then came back to play at the MGM Grand. The action here was a complete contrast, it was fierce and quick, possibly due to the Thanks Giving alcoholic celebrations.

I got involved in a few pots and ended up slightly ahead but I will definitely be returning to play here as this has been the best venue for action in the cash games.

So now just for the days figures:

Buy In's - $400
Cash Outs - $440
Profit - $40
Until tomorrow
-
Keep It tight!

No comments: