Wednesday 7 January 2009

So Far .... No Good!

I have really been looking forward to January, with an empty poker log and all the feelings of poker promise that the new year might bring. I had hit 6 months of constant profit at the end of 2008 and am feeling that 2009 might be the year I break into the higher stakes and actually achieve something.

Then the reality of poker hit home as I start with a bad run at the double up tables. Losing 7 out of the first 11, then throw in a couple of non cashing MTT and I find myself nearly $100 down on the first day!

Heeellooo! Wake up call!!!!!!

Back to the grind ....

As of today I have turned things around .... marginally .... and am now $30 in profit. Whoopee, big deal eh? But a profit is a profit and I am back in a good mood. I almost beat my record of 7 Double Up tourneys in a row when my AA got beaten by a KTs flush, that would have carried me to 11 consecutive wins given that I won the next 3. As for now my personal best stays at 7.

I have also kept to my new years resolution of playing some sub qualifiers.

So far I have played 3 GUKPT sub qualifiers on Blue Square with fields of 13, 14 and 16 with me finishing 6, 5 and 10 respectively (very disappointing).

In the second one I was going well until I raised with AT and was called by one player. The flop came down 266, I bet out heavily only to be re raised, well I thought he was at it and was pot committed anyway as he didn't have many chips left I pushed all in. He instantly called holding 66 for quads ... niiiicccccceeeee!

However I am not letting this put me off, I am signed in for another tonight (and am playing the poker player freeroll on Virgin for the Newcastle Festival), any live ticket will do.

That's all for now

Keep it Tight!

No comments: